Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Life without a job...

So, tonight I sit here, wondering why in the world I can not get a job! I mean its been 5 monhts, and 28 interviews later....nothing! I mean is it me, did I say something I shouldn't have? At times I think to myself "This is a job I could do, the person is nice, the position sounds challenging enough..." but then, after I send a thank you letter, and follow up several times (like you are supposed to do) I hear back from one of my 4 (thats right 4 I said) recruiters "They hired the other candidate for the position". Now, I have battled with self pitty, blaming myself, not thinking I'm good enough, the guilt of my husband working too many hours, and the fact of 5 months without a job and I feel as if I need to settle for the whole "kmart cashier" position. *sigh* I'm not real sure what the job market is looking for. I can walk into a walmart and have the worst experience of my life with a very unfriendly cashire but yet, I have several years experience in dealing with customers and doing admin duties and actually WANT to work and get no where! I mean seriously, the world lacks people who want to do more/better than what is asked of them. I'm one of those people who always give 110%. I'm not just saying that, I really do! But maybe I'm being taught some lesson, I have no idea what that would be but seriously, I am losing my self worth through all of this! HELP!!Someone! I dont' want to work for kmart!! I just want a job that I grow in and become something...is that to much to ask for?!?!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I feel your pain - at least in the looking for a job part. It took me six months to find a job after we moved to Hagerstown. Thankfully I wasn't without a job at that time but it was still frustrating. I got plenty of those calls from the recruiters looking for me saying "sorry; they took the other person". So I can empathize with your frustration. But all in the Lord's time which isn't necessarily ours....