Monday, April 2, 2007

Kicking off the week....

Well, today is Monday. Generally, when the work force thinks of Mondays, their face becomes a distorted mess. But today was not a typical Monday for me. I had an interview this morning for a mortgage company. It was in the city (which if you know me, you know is a HUGE culture shock for a girl who spent her first 14 years on 350 acres) and I made Tim drive me. I know for a fact I would not have never made it there alive and even if I did, I probably would not have a car right now because it requried parallel parking (something I only learned once inorder to get my drivers liscense and avoid at all costs) and I would have gotten towed. The interview was interesting. The company is very casual. I'm not saying work casual I'm saying, wear what you would wear Saturday morning while cleaning your house casual! I met with two ladies who were extremely sweet, but very set in their ways. I was excited to hear about the "copy" position (that is what they kept referring to it as I explained the "glorified name" would be assistant) and how they love to work with people and teach them as much as they want to know. I love a challenging position, even if it is a "copy" position. There is a lot of room to grow and everyone was extremly friendly! It seemed as if they were trying to offer me the position but could not since they had to go through the agencie. I'm keeping my fingers crossed hoping that they make me an offer =). But at the same time I'm at peace with it if I do not get the position. There has to be the perfect job out there for me right?

Tim and I are doing much better. We had a long talk on Friday and realized that our priorities were not where they should be. We want to serve God in the way HE would want us to serve him. Sometimes I think Tim feels he needs to prove something to this world. I'm not saying that in a bad way, but I do feel he thinks that at times. I know he thinks I deserve the best in life (and trut me, I am thankful he feels that way) but I'm a simple gal, with simple needs. I don't need a $600.00 purse, or $150.00 pair of shoes. I'm happy shopping at payless when they have the buy one get one (bogo) free deal! Or taking me to a yard sale! I think he's starting to realize that now (after 6 years of marriage and 8 years total of being together).

Well, I should get going. Need to do laundry and cleaning and well my wifely duties!
Until next time...

No comments: