Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Broken Hearts

It breaks my heart to sit on my front porch and watch the world go by. As a Christian, you tend to have more compassion for this world and the people in it. I literally watch people walk up and down our sidewalks and streets that are addicted to drugs, and I wonder if this is how their lives have always been? A slave to a pill, needle, or smoke? I watch the next generation walking down our ally way smoking pot and laughing, thinking they are so cool. If they only knew that in 10-15 years they will regret these moments. What has happened to the parents of today? They just don't care. They have a career, or selfish reasons for not caring for their children. There are people like me, who would love to have a baby, raise a wonderful family, be a stay at home mom, taking care of my children and waiting for my husband, their dad, to come home so we could greet him and see a smile on his face. I dream of this day, yet there are children have babies and not caring for them.
Today the upstairs neighbors (next to our home) was evicted because they owe about $900.00 in rent. They were upset because a few of their items were missing (such as a tv and dvd player) and wanted their items. Its interesting how selfish people really are. You owe $900.00 in rent and they still expect you to give them everything! How frustrating. I am thankful they are gone. I feel bad they were evicted but they were warned and they knew it was coming. They brought way to much traffic to our street and the saddest thing was they couldn't pay their rent but they were always drunk or high.
I pray that my children will never have to deal with people like this. I know I will make them aware of what happens, I will make sure they understand. But I pray that they will be strong enough to say no. It's so hard to watch my bus kids suffer, and to think the people next door are suffering. If they could only understand Christ as I have, to accept him, and be thankful for His mercy and Grace. I'm so thankful for Jesus dying on the cross for me. I am so thankful for His shed blood saving me from the pits of Hell. I'm so thankful for my wonderful husband, and his wonderful family. I'm thankful for loving parents and brothers. I'm thankful for my wonderful friends. I have so much more than I deserve. What more could I ask for?

No comments: