Monday, March 3, 2008

It's a Beautiful Day...

Well, I think we can almost say Spring is on its way.

This week is our Missions Conference at the church and it seems as if I've been doing nothing but running around like a chicken with it's head cut off for the last month. I can't believe its March already! (I know I think you are starting to see a pattern for this from my previous blogs). The Granite Varsity Boys won the championship for the 9th year in a row. It was an exciting 3 days but my whole body hurts from sitting on very uncomfortable bleachers for 3 days!! lol

Life has so many different character's in it, that at times it's so confusing you don't know which way is up. A friend of mine sent me a message about her Aunt who has received news that she has less than three years to live. How devastating, she's a young woman, with small children and the one thing that struck me the most was when her Aunt told her "I have no one to take with me". She wasn't worried about dieing because she knows that she is heaven bound. But she hasn't shared the gospel with anyone, given them the same blessing she received once, giving them hope for an eternal happiness. My friend and her aunt are now going soul winning and making the most of the time she has left. But what a statement "I have no one to take with me". That made me rethink my life. I remember going soul winning for the first time ever in my life and I was so scared. The first time I talked to someone it was a young girl, she slammed the door in my face. I remember telling my family members about it and them getting so frustrated and upset at me because they were "Catholic". I no longer get frustrated or upset when someone denies the gospel. We have a "free" will and because of that we can make our own choices. But through God, I continue to plant seeds so that someone may come behind us and win them to the Lord. The song "Thank You" and "Find us Faithful" mean so much more to me now. My views on life have changed, my priorities are rearranged. We are not promised our next breath, don't let something like a death sentence wake you up to reality.....

Thank You Lord for Saving my Soul!!!

No comments: