Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A Breath of Fresh Air

For 9-10 hours a day I'm couped up inside a building working and I look at the window to my left and I see the sun shining on the HUGE buildings and though its the city I am thankful for the view. I walked outside at lunch today and took a huge gulp of air. The wind was blowing slightly, the sun beating on my face and arms, and I just smiled and took in the beautiful sight and feel. As I walked toward the inner harbor I saw Red tulips to my right and it took everything inside of me not to pick them ;). I am so thankful for the little things. God has been so good to me and I can never thank Him enough. I am so touched by the way He has worked in our lives and I can't understand why He does so much for me.

This weekend coming up is mothers day. I'm pretty excited about it. I am going to make dinner for my mother in law, sister in law, and my mom. I am making a special dessert for them that will also be their gift. I am so thankful for these three ladies. Though I am not a mom on earth I have 5 little ones in heaven waiting for me. I can't wait for the day that I find out I'm pregnant. But I know it will happen in God's Time. I am thankful for the time I have gotten to know my husband. :)

Next weekend we are taking our Bus Teen boys (for those of you who don't know, Tim and I work on a Bus route as well as teach a Sunday school class for the bus teen boys :)) to play laser tag, putt putt golf and there is an arcade there as well. I can't wait. I think I am more excited than the boys are! lol I think I am more passionate about this ministry because I know what its like to be a bus teen and not feel as if you fit in. I remember a time when mothers and fathers would tell their church kids not to hang around me because i was trouble. In all reality I was only "trouble" to them because I didn't come from a Christian Home. I want these boys to know there is hope. They have a future. There is a God who loves them. I see them growing so much more. I believe in a previous blog I mentioned how Tim's sermons have gone from salvation messages to growing messages. We have a good core of boys and I would do anything for them to help them grow. This activity is about $20.00 and I know a lot of them wouldn't be able to afford to go so we asked some of the church members to sponsor a teen. I so far have enough to pay for 6 teen boys. WHAT A BLESSING! Two boys came up to me after class last Sunday and handed me the flyer and permission slip back and said "We won't be able to go" I asked why and they said "Because we won't be able to get the money". I told them not to worry about it that some people in the church would sponsor them. Their faces lit up and they were so excited. I would have paid with my own money if I could but for 20 boys thats a lot of $$ lol. Anyway, I am looking forward to this great time :)

Please continue praying for Tim and I as we seek God's will. There is an uneasy feeling but we don't know where to go or how to get there, so we are leaning on God more than ever now. We know he has something Big in store for us, just not sure what! This is called walking in faith. Taking a step that you have no idea if there will be something to step on. I think this is one of the first times we've actually experienced it :) God has been so good to us! As Proverbs 3:5&6 says "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart: and lean not unto thine own understanding, In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct they paths." What a great verse!

Well, lunch is just about over! Have a wonderful day!
Much Love and prayers
Ann Marie

No comments: