Sunday, June 8, 2008

Missing the Country...

OH there is just so much to write about and not a lot of time. I wish I could write most of my thoughts down, but being a grown-up equals no time. I have no idea what I'm going to do when Tim and I actually have children!

Saturday we went down to see my parents. Mind you, they live in the actual state of Maryland, but they are about an hour and a half to an hour and forty-five minutes away. So its not easy getting down there with our busy schedules. Anyway, we went down to see them and to also see my brother and his wife. They are in town for a few weeks before he has to report to NC (he's a marine who just got orders to move from CA to NC! so much closer! yay). Anyway, We enjoyed our time with them. It was so HOT outside. they said the heat index felt as if it was 110 out. So we stayed inside most of the time. Around 7:30 we went to the farm where my mom rides horses and i did a little photo shoot (pictures to come later) with the horses and stuff and we just really enjoyed spending some time though it was hot. Well we finally headed back to Baltimore around 10pm and as I was driving (and tim was sleeping) I was watching the heat lightning in the sky. I have always called it God's natural fire works. It was so beatuiful and amazing. The more I watched and started thinking about my childhood the more i missed the country. The fresh air, the chirping of birds, the sounds of the bull frogs and crickets at night. The cool and gentle breezes, the open fields and plains. The many snakes, frogs, and other wild animals you'd fine. The joy of just being able to run and explore. Yep, I miss those days, and I miss them even more as I live close to the city, and actually work near the inner harbor (smack dab in the middle of the city). Yeah, I yearn for those days, but know that one day I will be live in one of the most beautiful cities....FOREVER! I can't wait for the day to come. I guess you have to be away from the country to know how much it really means when you do see it here and there....

No comments: