Thursday, August 14, 2008

Understanding....

The moment you commit to the Lord is the moment your fight with the devil and his demons becomes war. Over the last few months I have had mixed emotions about what we are to do and not do for the Lord. As I go through this trying time. I know I keep trying to take care of things myself and not let the Lord do what needs to be done. I keep thinking back to the day that I witnessed to my Nannie (grandmother). I remember her telling me that she believes that if we can fix things ourselves then why bother the Lord? He has bigger things to take care of. I thought that was a very interesting point of view. Since Tim has come back from the Leadership conference there is a new spirit about him. The Lord has rekindled his fire. I am so thankful that the Lord gave me a man who wants to serve the Lord. Tim came back with so much reading material that litteraly, we canceled the cable have done nothing but a lot of ready, and a lot of talking. The more I strive to be like Christ, the more I see the devil and his demons doing their best to destroy my relationship with the Lord. I have had my ups and downs the last few months. I have had my days when I felt I hated the world, even those who are dear to me. I know I have been irritable and I have seen how who I thought were my 'friends' have turned against me. I understand now when the bible talks about dying to self. I need to make sure I do this on a daily basis. I need to rely on the Lord and not my self. This is something I know the Lord has been teaching me for a while. I just need to do it. Please pray for me. I just want to do right in the sight of the Lord.

On another note. We found out yesterday that the job Tim has, is actually starting a new place in MI. The guy said detroit. Tim asked what part and the guy said "Lake Orion". When Tim told me this I began to cry and thank the Lord. That is exactly where we will be moving and where the church is that we want to attend! He will have insurance and making pretty decent money. Thank you Lord! God always comes through even when we don't think He will. Our plans for moving seem to becoming more and more secure. We are still looking at the middle of October. I had my Psych evaluation yesterday. Now we are just waiting on the report to be sent to my doctor so she can submit the letter to the isurance company. Then we will be waiting on the insurance company to let us know if I'm approved. My prayer is that the Lord will allow HIS will.

Well, Lunch is over. Lots of love and prayers....

No comments: