Friday, June 26, 2009

From One Imperfect Person to other Imperfect People....

This is something I have been thinking about for a while. I know at times we may say or do things in anger, but I’ve cooled down and have thought this through….

I lived in this world for 14 years Unsaved and 15 years Saved. I was treated poorly and yes, there are rude, inconsiderate and uncaring people out there In the unsaved world. With that said…I have to say…I now understand what my youth pastor wife has told me when I was just a baby Christian. She told me that sometimes the hardest people to get along with or the meanest people can be fellow Christians. Boy was she ever right!

There has been a lot going on over the last…lets say…6 months within the Christian world I am surrounded by. I’m not going to point out any one instance as 1), there is no reason too, 2) there are to many instances even if I did point them out (which I wouldn’t) and 3) its none of your business (if I really didn’t mean number one!). If you read this and think I’m talking about you I PROBABLY AM!

For those of you who think that the leaders in your church are perfect, you’ve mislead yourself. For those of you who think that the Leaders in your church with children that their children should be perfect, you have once again mislead yourself. For those of you who think you are perfect and can go on the “Holy Ghost Patrol”, please, do us all imperfect people a favor and go move to your own stinkin island…somewhere far far away. For those of you who happen to be on your “Holy Ghost Patrol” if you honestly want to serve the Lord and maybe this is something you struggle with because of your young Christian walk, or lack of a Christian walk….let me remind you of a Story….

John 8: 1-11
Go ahead, look up the story. Jesus is in the temple with the people teaching them, and the Scribes and Pharisees brought a woman who was caught in the act of adultery unto Jesus. They told him that she should be stoned. Jesus wrote something on the floor (I don’t know that I would want to know what he wrote but I have my thoughts) and when they (the scribes and Pharisees) asked him repeatedly what to do Jesus said “…He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.” With that they all left because of his words...

If only some of us could grasp that story and realize, that your actions affect so many people! Those of you who like to meddle in others business here’s some verses from GOD’S WORD..

Proverbs 18:8
“The words of a talebearer are as wounds, and they go down into the innermost parts of the belly.”
Proverbs 20:19
“He that goeth about as a talebearer revealeth secrets: therefore meddle not with him that flattereth with his lips.
Proverbs 26:20
“Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.
Proverbs 26:22
“The words of a talebearer are as wounds, and they go down into the innermost parts of the belly”

Talebearer meaning Gossip or Slanderer

How sad to be known as a Gossip or Slanderer. The Lord must have thought it important to repeat Proverbs 18:8 in Proverbs 26:22! Maybe that’s because its so true! When one goes around gossiping about others, people’s feelings are hurt, their hearts are crushed and they don’t know what they can do to show their face in church. Now some people are a little stronger and can ignore it, but even those people are still hurt by your slandering gossiping words!

I have seen it personally in my life. My parents are not in church because some people thought it would be good to talk about their daughter (that would be me) when they didn’t know my parents were around. I have seen teenagers run out of a church because they did not conform to a “standard”! I have seen teens run out of a church because some adults do not know how to keep their mouths shut! I have seen people run out of a church because some have no compassion for a struggling Christian!

I do not look at those who struggle with sin and think they could never serve God. I do not look at those who go out and defiantly Sin as a failure and think God could never use them. But what I will always do is encourage them and let them know I’m praying for them…why? Because one day God may get a hold of them, and they need to know that there are loving Christians who will take them back! I want to be like the Prodigals father…Standing there with open arms to hug their necks when they come back! For those of you who would rather stand over in the corner, pointing your fingers at them, whispering and laughing as that person continue to do wrong, just know, one day, you will stand before our Heavenly Father and give an account for what you did in life. I don’t know that I would want to have that on my shoulders…you know…you being the one that drove someone out of church!

Think twice before you gossip the next time. Because it might be the time you drive someone to a point that YOU will regret for the rest of YOUR life!

No comments: