Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Ok, so it was a rough start, emotionally, physically and mentally. I thought to myself "why on earth are you going to try this??? You are just gonna let yourself and everyone else down!". That would be the honorable Dickson thought process (yes, my family is the KING of negative thinking!) of course. Well, I started it anyway, the whole new way of eating. Mostly Organic, no refined/processed food, drinking a TON of water and eating more often in less portion!

Some of you know of the struggles I have had for over 15 years. The unexplained weight gain, the moodiness (my poor family and husband) the non existent energy. I would play sports, hang out with friends, swim during the summer, and the list goes on. I was a normal teen without explanation as to why I kept gaining weight. Going on diet after diet with my family to try and lose weight. My eating habits weren’t the BEST but they weren’t so bad either. 15+ years later, I am married, have watched each and every close friend get pregnant, have a baby and live their life (So I take that back, I can think of one or two friends who have not had that happen just yet). I could not offer that to my husband, 2 miscarriages and 5 babies in heaven later, the end result is a marriage that almost didn’t make it and has been renewed by God!

With all the said, My friend Kerry, told me of some struggles a friend of hers was going through concerning trying to get pregnant. I listened to everything she said. Did a ton of research (which I wont bore you with!) and with tears of joy/frustration/sadness/and finally understanding, I realized this is what I most likely had!! I had been told by 3 doctors I had it, but they never told me what to do about it! Just said I needed to lose weight! That seemed to be the answer for everything!! Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome. Yep, that’s what I probably have, everything, and I mean EVERYTHING points in that direction! Every symptom that was unexplainable to doctors, like having soreness when someone would poke me in my upper arm (I remember onetime someone punched me in my upper arm just joking around, it wouldn’t have hurt a normal person, and I fell to the ground crying! It hurt so bad!), or the constant fatigue, constant hunger, constant weight gain (that at times wasn’t so gradual), the list just goes on!

Anyway, after all this research, a ton of books read, lists of foods that I can and cannot have, I officially started the diet last Monday (June 15, 2009). I am amazed how much I have changed. I understand my hunger a little more! I know to eat every 2 to 3 hours. I carry fruit around with me at all times! I eat a good healthy breakfast (My new favorite thing to eat right now is 3 hardboiled eggs with mustard! Don’t knock it until you try it! Lol) then have an apple, or a peach or a banana a couple of hours later, then another one of those same fruits before lunch, then a salad for lunch, then two more fruit snacks (the ones listed) before dinner then a nice and healthy dinner (I made really good turkey burgers the other night! I was impressed lol) and then a fruit before bed time. I drink a TON of water! I mean it!

Now, down to the nitty gritty….

I did cheat one night, had Wings from BWW’s with sauce (sigh, I felt horrible litteraly after eating them) and I did eat bread one day (we went to red lobster so I could have fish! I couldn’t stop myself I had to eat their biscuits!!! Lol). I do crave bread every once in a while, but I talk myself out of it and go eat a piece of fruit!

On the plus side…

My tenderness is not so bad
My joints do not hurt
I get a round a lot better
I wake up refreshed
I don’t find myself tired all the time (Its still there some though!)
AND I lost 12 pounds!!! All in one stinkin week!!
I know, I know its water, but hey 12 pounds of water is gone!!!

I have walked a few nights over the last couple of weeks. The greatest part is walking with Rusty (My dog) and he makes me laugh so much as he runs around the campus of MBC smelling everything, chasing ground hogs and squirrels and finding puddles to splash in! We have a great time!

So I write all this to ask one thing of you! Okay maybe two…

Please pray for me….that I will stay strong and continue to do well on this “healthy” way of eating. Maybe the end result will be a note talking about me expecting ;)
And two, Please ask me how I’m doing every once in a while. It’s good to be accountable to someone :)

Thanks for taking the time to read my adventure!

Your prayers are much appreciated!

If any of you have a good website for organic/healthy websites for recipies or tips that would also be much appreciated!!!

You can follow my ups and downs on this blog annslifechangingmoment.blogspot.com

No comments: