Friday, October 16, 2009

From My Desk...

If I were to describe the view from my desk it might go something like this....



In front of me is a door, to an office. If this office could talk it would talk about the many that has come and gone....



This office has...
Helped the poor
Healed the hurting
Invested time into everyone who has entered its door
Has witnessed more than one unity of two souls
Led the lost to Christ
Helped some to cope with the loss of a love one



And within this office, sits a man, called by God, to lead His flock. This man that sits in this office, day after day has been heard talking to Jesus as if he is sitting in the chair to the left of him. He has been heard to share the burden of those he loves and cares about. Has been heard thanking God for allowing him to be over a church. And yet, with all that this man of God does, Thank you comes short to this door...



The man of God I speak of, who sits in the office described, is my Pastor...



I couldn't be more thankful for a Man of God who has sought a relationship with the Lord and lives what he preaches. The last year has been hard. Friendships that have been built over 30 years have been lost, bitterness has crept into hearts, and the end result is a Pastor, sitting in his office, asking what he did wrong. Pleading with God to show him what he must do.
There has been many days I have shed tears, seeing the hurt in my pastors face, and the sadness in his heart. But as I pray and ask God to encourage him, God gives peace, words and love all around. I know through this God has been preparing me, molding me, showing me what the ministry really is, and with the quote of the co-pastors wife "Its lonely". I believe that if we measure the "loneliness" by our standards then yes, it can be very, very, very lonely. But if we look at it from God's perspective, I recall the verse John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;". Jesus is there, the Holy Spirit is there, and so is God the Father. Though our hearts are sad and we feel betrayed...I am so thankful that Jesus understands, and comforts us, if we allow him to.









The Man that sits at this desk, and seeks God and asks for guidance and what to feed His flock...should be thanked for his dedication, sacrifice, faithfulness and love that is never ending.
He is not perfect, he is made of the same flesh that you and I are. But he is someone who we should hold in prayer daily, and often in that day. He is someone who we should honor and respect. We should talk nothing but Good of him, and thank God for someone who is willing to stand in a pulpit and feed us the meat of the Lord.






Thank You Dr. Harry E. Carr. Your dedication is more than we could ask, your love is never ending, and your sacrifice is more than we deserve.

No comments: