Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Many Events...

It seems that over the last few days there have been many events that I am excited to blog about... Well now that I think about it...there are only two lol....



The first one was sweetest day...Which was Saturday....I have come to realize over the years that my husband is not the romantic...now don't get me wrong...He doesn't bring me flowers often, or pick up a card here and there, or celebrate holidays or special occasions with fanfare....but he knows that its the little things that make me smile and makes those butterflies flutter. So for sweetest day, Tim had to work (I don't mind him working 12 hours a week and making $300.00 lol) and I was able to spend the morning with him and then he left for work. I went about my day doing things with the college students. Tim worked until about 7pm and when he walked in through the door of our apartment (mind you there were many of the college students strewn about our apartment chatting, working on homework, ready to eat the brownies I had made lol) he had a single long stem rose stuffed into an open bag of chips and with a great big smile he said "Here honey, happy sweetest day, I just want you to know I think you are all that and a bag a chips, but I already ate the chips". All I could do was laugh. He is such a silly guy....but that what got me, its what makes me love him more and more each day, its that grin, with the twinkle in his eyes, that makes me realize he LOVES coming home to me :)









......................................









Our next event that I would like to take you to...is the celebration of a 21st birthday MBC style!



A little background is needed though to let you know why this birthday is so special (well even if you didn't know why this birthday was so special....every birthday is special!)




Sarah is my twin...or I'm her Twin...which ever way you wanna put it we are twinkies....Now don't get confused, she is 8 years younger than me, has blue eyes (mine are green and can seem blue at times), is half cuban (i'm half indian) is short (like 5'4" im 5'7"), her last name is different, and we came from two different mothers. You might think what in the world, how are we twins..... Well she is me in every sense when it comes to our personalities and such. She is self motivated, determind, has a HUGE heart of gold, has a beautiful smile, loves to be around people, enjoys being the center of attention even when she says she's not, is crazy on sugar, and well she's sarah. It's so scary to see her making the choices I made at this age, watching her go through the same exact trials, trying to figure out who she is, where she came from (she is adopted and has never met either of her parents) and why she is here. I know that sounds like us all, but if only you could hear my husband say "What is it i do to you that makes you listen so I can do it to her" lol. Wow, she really is me just in a different body with beautiful blue eyes and a pearly white smile!





Now with all that out of the way.....Sarah's 21'st birthday was yesterday...and sarah...being the ham she is...we had to make a BIG DEAL out of it! Not cause she wanted us to, but because we knew it would make her feel super special! So we made her lunch (Cesar Salad with Chicken), made her a funfetti cake (sooo yummy) put Happy birthday candles with her age on the cake and sang Happy birthday at the top of our lungs to her






and though we were sad that she had to go to work, we decided to decorate her room full of balloons streamers and more balloons! So off to the dollar store we go! 23 (we bought 21 of them and the wonderful clerk Kenyatia gave us two to join into the fun! Thank you Kenyatia!!!) helium balloons, 175 reg balloons, 7 packs of double streamers, and 12 noise makers later









we arrive at the dorm with supplies in hand and start attacking the perfectly clean, bed super neat, books arranged in perfect order, clothes color coded, and not one thing out of place (other than the dirty clothes I shoved down into the hamper so the guys wouldn't see it) room!









And this is the end result!





I must say, we did a great job! lol With the room decorated now we were just waiting patiently for the girl we are to surprise to arrive! We all went about doing studying, cleaning, horse playing and such...and then the text came. "Hey Ann, would it be ok if I went to Suzannes house for dinner, she wanted to celebrate my birthday with me". I of course said sure and told her to text me when she was on her way home. At 10pm she informed me she'd be leaving in 10 minutes. So with that said...I ran around like a chicken with my head cut off. It was time to round the surprisers! With noise makers in hand we ran to her room (yes even the guys got to join in the fun) we hid under balloons, in her bed, in corners and of course we had a look out!




Well, as we waited in the dark room (thats why the pictures don't look the best) and we see her car pull in, and then we hear her coming down the hall, the excitement welled up inside of us and as she comes into her room (she could hear us laughing and thought we were "doing" something to her room) we scream surprise, people come popping outta balloons and yes, she was completely surprised!

Here is our Princess....

She couldn't stop smiling and we couldn't stop loving on her!

Hope your 21st Birthday was a GREAT one!!!

We Love you Sarah!

No comments: