Thursday, October 8, 2009

Update on that whirlwind...

Life has been flying by and now its October! I just realized I really need to take a picture of the beautiful trees here in Michigan and post them...maybe the next one...or maybe I'll remember to do it tomorrow and edit this post. Either way life is flying by! Our journey down the path of Right has been very bumpy with lots of drop offs but we are still going strong.
Tim losing his job has been a mixed blessing. Though he has not found "full time" work, he has been able to do more at the college and interact with the students more. He joined the Choir of our college as well as mens ensemble, and the mens quartet (which travels around to Church's and promotes our college and their wonderful voices) he also was pushed into auditioning for the Jackson Chorale by his voice teacher and he is now Second Tenor in the the Choir. He was pretty excited about that. I believe God wants him to slow down some and enjoy why he is really here. But that of course doesn't pay the bills. I'm not worried about the bills, ok so I lied, my flesh really wants to worry and figure out how to fix this issue but then my heart reminds me of who is in control. The peace you feel when you are close to the Lord is amazing. I now understand how it can be so overwhelming in the ministry. If you focus on all the issues, which there is a whole LOT of issues in the ministry, then you will become depressed, overwhelmed, and burned out. A Christian who is close to God does not get burned out. Don't get me wrong, when I was in college I was doing so much that I did not give 100% to any ministry so how in the world could i have been seeking God and His will if I couldn't give my heart 100% to something for Him?
Now that we are the dorm parents, we are very careful as to how we react to situations. We find ourselves biting our tongues a lot because we do not want any discord, murmuring or bitterness. We feel God in our midst and the last thing we want to do is not do HIS will! The best feeling in the world is when a one of the "kids" leans over, grabs my arm and says "Thank You so much for caring". Or when you hear from someone else that they look up to the relationship that Tim and I have. Our relationship is not perfect, there are times we have to say "we will be back" and go take our "disagreement" into the privacy of our apartment, but I believe they see the real side of a relationship. We always want to open and real to them. The ministry is not easy and they need to know what it will be like. I am excited to see what God will do and I'm excited to see the college students see what God will do.
Well as I'm trying to type this I'm surrounded by three college students and I can't concentrate so I'm gonna sign off. I'll do more later....

Until the Next update....

No comments: