Wednesday, July 7, 2010

9 years ago today....

I awoke around 4:30am with butterflies in my stomach.  I remember I sat straight up in bed and said "I'm getting married today".  I wish I could say my morning went smoothly but it didn't.  Between the phone ringing off the hook and everything possible going wrong it was a very stressful morning! But we trudged through it and did so knowing what the end result was.  I remember getting to the church and sitting in the limo.  Waiting for the moment that I was to walk down the aisle.  I was so excited, I just couldn't wait.  Then, Rich Zawadzki, Tim's best man and one of our greatest friends, came out to tell me the piano play, aunt Jenny, was lost and wanted to know if I wanted to start without music.  Before I could make the decision she showed her pretty face! I remember standing at the doors of the oldest church in Southern Maryland, arm in arm with my father, on one of the hottest days of the year, waiting for the doors to open and for me to finally walk the aisle to my future husband.  I remember feeling bashful that everyone was looking at me.  I would sneak peaks at the crowd, I remember my Youth Pastors wife stood there with her hands over her mouth and tears in her eyes I could see her smile.  I remember seeing Monica and Aunt Carol.  The moment that mattered most though was seeing Tim, standing there in his tux, with a grin on his face.  I knew from that moment everything would be fine, even if it wasn't, I was right where I needed to be.  We exchanged our vows and kissed and from that moment it truly is a blurr.  We were being ushered here and there for pictures, and then we had a 45 minute ride to the banquet hall, we both kept saying 'I can't believe we are married...We are MARRIED" we were so excited.  From that moment on, though life has dealt us some major trials and troubles, most probably brought on by our own actions, I can honestly say, I am more in love today than I was 9 years ago.  I wouldn't change a thing! Our marriage is strong, and though often tested, we have a deeper love that won't give up. 
Today, I want to thank you, Tim Lee, for asking me to be your wife, for vowing til death do us part.  You are my best friend, my love, my soulmate.  I know I haven't made it easy but thank you for being strong and for loving me for who I am.  You make me feel like the most beautiful woman on earth, you let me know daily how important I am to you and I just couldn't have asked for a more godly Husband.  You make me laugh often and smile all the time.  Your words are sweet and your laugh, you know the one i'm talking about, gets me everytime.  I can't imagine my life without you.  Happy Anniversary Honey, I love you more than words can say (and thats more than you could love me *wink*)
9 years ago today, I married my best friend, my love....

No comments: