Friday, July 30, 2010

Oh these valleys....

I know they are necessary to grow as Christians.  
I know I am not alone when I am in the deepest darkest part.  
I know that no matter the outcome God is in control and know's my needs and just how much I can handle. 
It's the moments like these that I find myself listening a little more, leaning in a little closer, looking up for the Lord to lead me.  
I know in these moments God is molding and making me.  
I know He is trying to teach me something, that only He can
I know I have to not be frustrated but willing to learn
I know I must have a teachable spirit
I know that it won't be easy.  As Dr. Tom Malone Sr. Said "If it was easy, everyone would be doing it"
I know I must be tried and tested
I know through this all I am to be a Light for Him
and just like the saying goes "knowing it is easy, doing it is the hard part"

I wish my flesh wasn't so strong
I wish I wouldnt fail Him daily
I wish I saw the world through His eyes

I can wish all I want, it won't change my heart unless...

I am thankful for His unending Love
I am thankful for the Word of God that I can hold freely and read daily
I am thankful to be able to go to my Father and talk with Him at any time, any moment with out hesitation
I am thankful for a Church with a great Pastor
I am thankful for a Husband who wants nothing more than to serve the Lord

I just need to remember that these valley's are necessary and that I shouldn't focus on self, but on Him who is leading me! 

When this valley turns into a mountain top, when the storm passes by I will still serve Him!

No comments: