Monday, February 6, 2012

Finish what you Start....

A reality has set in recently.  I believe this is what happens as you talk with your Heavenly Father and ask Him to do work on your heart. 
There are a lot of things the Lord has helped me over come...and there are a lot more things that I still need to over come.  One of those things that has been in the works recently is finishing what you start.  I tried to think back to the things I started voluntarily and tried to list what I finished......yep that list is pretty stinkin short...but has lots of "unfinished" projects.  How sad...

I believe this is something my generation and the ones to come will be lacking severely.  When I think back to the stories of my grand parents struggles through the great depression and my parents stories of how they had to "beg, borrow and steal" (not literally well maybe the first two but not the last) to make sure we were fed; it amazes me how much we think is "due" to us. 

As a Christian I look at the way of life a little different.  At times I never looked to God to fix or help me through situations, at other times I wanted to trust He would but I still tried to fix it with my own way, and lately I have been blessed to sit back and fully trust and watch the Lords way unfold and have been blessed beyond measure! I could give you example after example, daily, of how the Lord has blessed us.  Its an amazing feeling when you know you are right where the Lord wants you and you just let Him have full control.  So as the Lord has been working on my heart...I have come to realize I do not finish what I tend to start.  So...this is with be my focus.  I have been saved for almost 18 years and not once in those 18 years have I read through the bible in a year.  I started this year.  I also am sending our immediate family cards for their birthdays, anniversaries and just because.  I also started working out daily.  I also want to finish what I start. 

I'm thankful the Lord finished what He started...for my soul! Hebrews 12:1-3 " Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds."

No comments: